Backed by own methodological research, Survey Research & Evaluation is well-experienced in the application of all sorts of social sciences methods: conceptualising, implementing and analysing evaluation studies, we perform media and social research projects on the highest academic level.
Survey Research & Evaluation covers the full range of applications in conventional and cutting-edge social science methodology:
- Computer assisted telephone interviewing (CATI)
- Programming computer assisted interviews (CATI, CAPI)
- Conducting pretests
- Representative sampling, national, regional and local
- Combined fixed-line and mobile telephone sampling
- Routine supervision of interviews and call-back management
- Delivering labelled datasets in all current formats (SPSS, STATA or else)
- Fielding and methods reports, coverage analysis
- Statistical data analysis on basic and highly advanced levels
- Online interviews
- Qualitative studies, group discussions, focus groups
- Firms and employee surveys
Evaluation is to systematically assess programmes and interventions using standard social research methods in order to ascertain the degree of achievement in regard to specified aims. Our advanced evaluation tools include:
- Focussed individual and group interviews
- Guide-lined interviews
- Standardised before-after comparisons, where required with control groups
- Experimental and quasi-experimental research designs
- Complex data collection methods including survey experiments
- Factorial surveys and multi-level analyses
The research group Sustainable Housing is dedicated to studies in architectural sociology that address the determining factors of housing wellbeing from a sustainability point of view. Recently we have been engaged in the following projects:
- Monitoring study of the Light-Active house in Hamburg as part of the European Model Homes 2020 project. VELUX Deutschland GmbH.
- Monitoring and wellbeing in residential buildings. Research programme for the development of measurement instruments for the assessment and evaluation of user satisfaction, building performance and house-user interaction. Bundesinstituts für Bau-, Stadt- und Raumforschung.
- Developing the AktivPlus evaluation standard. AktivPlus e. V., Frankfurt.
- Building Monitor. Climate-KIC Monitoring Platform Building Efficiency and Indoor Climate. Climate-KIC Nordic and Technical University of Denmark, Copenhagen.
- CUBITY. Energy-Plus and Modular Future Student Living. Technische Universität Darmstadt, Solar Decathlon.
- Healthy Homes Barometer 2016. Representative cross-sectional population survey of 14 EU countries. VELUX Group, Denmark.
- LoCaL − Low Carbon Lifecycle Study. User oriented monitoring of reconstructed energy-efficient residential buildings. Fachhochschule Aachen and Deutsche Fertighaus Holding AG.